A to Z about IELTS
‣ Academic & General Training
IELTS has two types: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Both tests assess your English language skills in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS ACADEMIC TRAINING
The IELTS Academic test is suitable for those wanting to study in an English-speaking environment or university (higher education). You can also take IELTS Academic for professional registration purposes.
- The test measures if you are ready to begin studying in English. It features vocabulary that is familiar within an academic setting.
- You can choose whether to take IELTS Academic on paper, on a computer or online at home or in another suitable location.
IELTS GENERAL TRAINING
IELTS General Training is suitable for those applying to study below degree level. This includes an English-speaking school or college. It can also be taken for work experience or other employment training.
- IELTS General Training is also required for migration to Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK. The test features everyday English language skills that you will need in social and workplace environments.
- IELTS General Training is available to take on paper and computer only.